The Answers You Need
WHO IS NOT A CANDIDATE FOR MICROBLADING OR PERMANENT MAKEUP?
• Anyone under the age of 18
• If you have used Accutane in the past 12 months.
• If you are currently under a physician’s orders to take any anticoagulants; or aspirin.
• If you have severely oily skin (pigment will look more solid than like hair strokes)
• Type 1 or 2 Diabetics (prone to slow healing and infection)
• If you have any autoimmune diseases; lupus, graves, etc. (please obtain your doctor's advice or clearance)
• Thyroid disease (medication may cause pigment to not retain properly)
• For Lips/Eyeliner, someone with herpes outbreaks more than 3x in the last year (can risk pigment retention)
***You MUST contact your physician and take an antiviral (Valtrex or similar) for 7 days prior to treatment***
• Active acne breakouts in the area to be treated. If you have an active breakout at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled.
• Lash Enhancement / Eyeliner, clients- someone with an active stye or Blepharitis
• Pregnant or nursing- we will not perform any cosmetic tattooing services if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
• Allegies to metals
• Any skin Irritations near area; sunburn, Psoriasis, rosacea, etc.
• If you have a history of keloid scarring you are not a candidate.
PREPARING FOR MICROBLADING/PMU
BEFORE THE PROCEDURE
One month prior to your microblading service, discontinue Vitamin A or any Retinol products.
Do not get Botox 2 weeks prior to your appointment or for 2 weeks after.
Do not have any kind of peel or facial two weeks prior to treatment.
No tweezing,or waxing for one week before your procedure.
Discontinue taking Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior. (Natural Blood Thinners)
Do not tint your eyebrows less than one week before the procedure.
Do not drink alcohol 24-48 hours before your appointment.
Avoid taking aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief for 48 hours before treatment.
Do not consume coffee before your Microblading or Permanent Makeup procedure.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT THE DAY OF MY PROCEDURE?
• Please arrive on time, late arrival (after 20 minutes) will not be accepted. I require 24 hour notice to reschedule without forfeiting your $100 booking fee.
• The microblading/pmu procedure time is 2-3 hours, multiple procedures will take longer.
• We will collaborate on shape and pigment color before I begin the procedure.
HOW DO I BEST TAKE CARE OF MY MICROBLADING/PMU POST TREATMENT DAY?
AFTER THE PROCEDURE
No picking at the microblading/pmu area. This may result in scarring or loss of color. Let any scabbing or dry skin exfoliate naturally.
No facials, chemical treatments, or microdermabrasion for four weeks after your microblading appointment.
Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for four weeks after the procedure.
Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
Do not go swimming for the first 7 days. (This includes swimming pools, lakes and oceans!)
Do not apply any topical makeup to the area including sunscreen for the first 7 days.
No dry saunas, or steam rooms for 7 days.
No smoking or drinking alcohol in excess, it may slow the healing process.